A popular replacement of default WP Comments System is Disqus. However, the plugin has too low rating on wordpress.org due to lack of support and the “not synchorization” between WP Comments and Disqus Comment. A new comer “WP Dicuz” plugin is reaching 50,000 downloads and has almost 5 stars rating (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpdiscuz/). In this post, we will guide you to use WP Discuz with Madara.
In fact, WP Discuz work out of the box with comments on Manga detail page. However, if you want to enable comments on chapters, you need extra tweaks. (because chapter is not stored as Custom Post Type in WordPress, so WP Discuz does not support it). And since WP Discuz does not have enough Hooks & Filters for us to intergrate automatically, we will need a hack to support Chapter Comment. (we will need to edit plugin core file). So let’s start.
- First, Download and install WP Discuz at https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpdiscuz/
- Go to Comments > Forms and create new (or just use the default Form)
- Add Field and configure like this
Check wp-manga checkbox in the “Display comment form for post types” field. Then save the form.
- Now you will see WP Discuz works on Manga detail page. Them come to the hack. Open this file: https://app.box.com/s/92a3ar1yxjgu2yzfw5pj1q9i0txfr25u and copy&replace function frontFormHtml() in plugins/wpdiscuz/forms/wpdFormAttr/Field/TextField.phpFor WP Discuz 7.0.3+, use this code (work on Madara 220.127.116.11+):
- Oh there is no more step. You’re done.
This plugin has a lot of plugins to help you extend Comments feature (https://gvectors.com/product-category/wpdiscuz/) Hope this is a great choice for you.